The mission of The Partnership for Collier’s Future Economy™ is to assist existing businesses to grow for the benefit of all Collier County citizens. The vast majority of our local businesses are small to medium-sized firms led by entrepreneurs. Statistically, existing companies of this size are the ones that will grow and create new jobs in our community. The Partnership supports existing businesses by providing programs that recognize these companies, opportunities for their top executives to share opinions and topics of mutual concern, and helping entrepreneurs of high growth firms realize their potential.
Interested in retention, expansion or relocation assistance?
Please fill out this form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Partnership programs include:
CEO Executive Workshop Series
The three-week program is designed to help entrepreneurs plan for profitable growth and improved business performance. The program targets CEOs of existing companies in the second-stage of development, which is defined as having more than $1 million in annual sales and between 15 to 50 employees. A trained facilitator will conduct classes on the following topics: Technology and Trends, Employment Law for Growing Businesses, Workforce Development Issues, International Opportunities, Marketing Strategies for Growth, and Succession Management.
Business and Community Outreach Efforts
The Partnership developed a sophisticated business and community outreach campaign to identify CEOs of local, existing businesses in Collier County who may benefit from economic development programs available to them. The Partnership will gain insights into the challenges facing local companies, with emphasis on the existing business clusters in Collier County: Health Services, IT, Biotech, Lively Arts, Finance, Hospitality, Retail and Building Real Estate. These efforts include: Business Climate Survey, targeted industry focus groups, community outreach campaign, marketing, and Annual Forum.
Click here to view the 2014 Business Climate Survey Results
The Chairman’s Luncheon Series
This quarterly program is conducted to inform and engage business leaders on topics impacting The Partnership and the community. Top executives, including the Chamber’s Legacy Leaders and community partners are invited to participate in this series. This luncheon showcases local and state "thought leaders" on issues pertaining to Collier County.
Business of the Month
The Business of the Month is an awards program that is presented to an organization that has enhanced the community through financial, volunteer and active involvement in organizations and programs that assist in creating a better quality of life for all citizens in Collier County. The honoree is presented with a commemorative plaque at the Board of County Commissioners meeting.
Click here to download a nomination form.
Excellence in Industry Awards™
The Excellence in Industry Awards are a long-standing tradition in Collier County and in the state of Florida. The Partnership showcases the “best of the best” businesses in Collier County who exemplify the use of innovation and a responsible approach to economic diversification, and business and community enhancement.
This year's categories include:
- Business Expansion – An award bestowed upon a company that has expanded in 2012 through investing capital and creating jobs in Collier County. The winner in this category will have demonstrated growth in terms of sales, staff, services, products, markets and market share.
- Company to Watch – Presented to a noble business sure to make a big impact on Collier County’s economic future, this company demonstrates that it has seen significant growth trends since its opening and exhibits excellence in the areas of management, marketing, customer service and integrity. The recipient must be a new business that has been in operations more than a year but less than 5 years.
- Entrepreneur – The victor in this category sets the standard for entrepreneurship and creativity. It acknowledges a business that has less than 100 employees and makes valuable contributions to the community and/or to the world through its innovative product or service. The award symbolizes the crowning achievements of an entrepreneurial company that provides inspiration, exemplifies excellence and carries out their unique vision.
- The “Mamie Tooke” Trailblazer – Like the qualities that are personified by its namesake, Mamie Tooke, regarded by many as the mother of Naples, the honoree will not only be a leader, but also have a community vision to make Collier better through their business and community involvement. The award is given to a woman or minority-owned business owner who has shown exceptional achievement and admirable community leadership qualities—a professional whose leadership is an example to the community and whose combination of hard work and determination serves as inspiration to others.
- Heart of the Community – A royal distinction granted to a local nonprofit—one that exemplifies superior service to the community. An organization that has distinguished itself from others by enhancing the community through financial, volunteer and active involvement in organizations and programs that assist in the creating a better quality of life for all citizens in Collier County.
- The Chairman’s Award – Awarded by the Chairman of the Board, not open for nominations.
- Excellence in Leadership – Granted to royalty – a leader that has taken an active role in making Collier County the best place to live and do business. The honoree has enhanced the community by leading community efforts that brought awareness, insight and problem solving to the community. A standout amongst their peers and a good corporate citizen. This award could go to a private citizen or elected official.
2013 Excellence in Industry Award Winners
- Business Expansion: Moorings Park
- Company to Watch: Naples Soap Company
- Entrepreneurship: Massive U
- “Mamie Tooke” Trailblazer: Wilma Boyd, Preferred Travel
- Chairman’s Award: PK Studios, Rey Pezeshkan
- Heart of the Community: Youth Haven
- Excellence in Leadership: Sheriff Kevin Rambosk
For more information, please contact Kristi Bartlett, Vice President of Business Development at email@example.com or (239) 403-2914.