Guest Blogger: Gray Poehler - SCORE Naples
To begin, develop an outline of your customer. What are their interests, age, gender, marital and socio-economic status, working, retired, etc. Which social media platforms are they using and how would they prefer to receive information about your products or services.
The more you understand your customer, the better you can select the best social media platforms to reach and engage them. You must invest your time and budget in the right place. Resist the urge to advertise on multiple platforms. It’s better to focus on the one place you are most likely to find your target customer.
Your social media goals should be to drive more business to your website, broaden your customer reach, and increase your brand awareness.
Social media advertising generally focuses on paid ads that produce faster results than with unpaid social media marketing. It also lets you track the effectiveness and response rates of the ads that you run.
There are a number of social networking sites you should investigate. Prominent among them are Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and YouTube. Let’s take a brief look at each.
• Facebook is the most widely used platform of them all. It has 2.5 billion daily active users.
• Instagram has a half billion daily users and growing. It a visual medium and online users remember photos and images more than verbiage. It’s also owned by Facebook.
• Pinterest has 300 million active users of which 80% are women.
• Snapchat with 350 million users targets a younger demographic, appealing to those under 34 years of age.
• YouTube has 30 million daily users and covers a broad age demographic.
In summary, the short answer to your question is probably Facebook. Although, you should consider the others depending on your target customer.
Be aware there are downsides to social media advertising. It only takes one unhappy customer to complain and the content can go viral. When you receive a complaint, be sure to respond promptly in a positive manner. In this way you can project an image of a provider that cares for their customers.
Coincidentally, the Naples Chapter of SCORE is offering a workshop titled “Take your social media marketing from Zero to Hero” Saturday, January 21, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. To register log on to https://tinyurl.com/23rf5tnm
Leave a Reply.