CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN
A Certificate of Origin is an important international trade document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country. The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce is a key agent in the delivery of these documents. Please download the PDF form below, complete it per the instructions on this page, and bring the notarized form with the necessary paperwork to our office.
Certificate of Origin Policy
1. The Certificate of Origin must be filled out completely and notarized before being presented to
2. A signed and notarized indemnification certificate signed by a company officer must be on file in
the Chamber before a Certificate of Origin is issued. This will be updated annually or when there
is a change of signatory officer.
3. Certificates will be authorized at our Administrative Offices at 2390 Tamiami Trail North, Suite
210, Naples, Florida, 34103.
Please adhere to the following steps to ensure the timely processing of your Certificate of Origin:
1. Make sure you are filling out the proper Certificate of Origin for the country to which you are
2. Make sure you fill out the Certificate completely and accurately. Be sure you do not sign in the
space provided for the Notary or the Chamber.
3. Make sure that the product information listed is verbatim to what is on the invoice. Do not leave
off product numbers, quantities or descriptions.
4. The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce only attests to the documents as they are presented -
it is not attesting to the validity of the claim of where the goods were produced. Furthermore, the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, Inc. will not be held liable if the U.S. Company does not present all of
the appropriate documentation needed for international importation or exportation, or any other reason that may result in the company's shipment being held at foreign customs.
5. Do not alter the Certificate in any way.
6. Please have the Certificate notarized before bringing it to the Chamber for a signature. There is not a Notary on our staff.
7. Do not wait until the day of your shipment to bring in your Certificate.
8. The validation of the Certificate requires an on-site visit by a Chamber representative.
If you are unsure about any aspect of your Certificate, please contact Melanie Schmees, Director of Business & Economic Research at firstname.lastname@example.org